which is more painful ? labor or delivery ?

since this is my first pregnancy so i dont really know except from looking at pregnancy videos. i know labor which is guess is also known as contractions or dilating is suppose to be like menstrual pain (actually 10x stronger and worse than that), but a couple of my ''mommy friends'' were telling me that delivery itself is not that bad. they said they were in hell when in labor, but pushing out the baby was not that bad compared to contractions. is that true ?? what were your experiences ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Neither was bad imo. All 25 hours of my labor was peaceful and painfree as long as I was left alone. I must admit it was intense and when people would touch me I would go off bc it made me lose focus. For me, the birth felt GOOD. Almost orgasmic. If I hadn't had some many people around touching me I bet it would have been... but it felt wonderful for me to push. I can honestly say I love both labor and delivery and can't wait to do it again if we have more children. (btw, my labor was drug free so I didn't have any type of pain relief)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• What kind of experience do you want?
    How will you try to get it?
    Labor pain has a LOT to do with your pre-conceived ideas and your fear.
    There are ways to get past that to have little (or no) pain, intentionally, all-naturally.

If you want to have a blissful birth then you can!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• *see doulala's reply!*
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 4:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't consider either PAINful. Labor is definitely intense. Delivery is quick. I remember when pregnant with my first being petrified of a baby coming out of my body. After he was born, I realized THAT part was nothing.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Labor is tougher but the best thing to do is ACCEPT the pain do NOT fight the contractions, just accept them and breathe through them, the pushing is fine if there are not complications, I pushed out 3 babies and they all came out with in 10 minutes. however it would have been hell if i had to push for hours like some women do
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. My 1st the labour was worse then the delivery . It was hell and I couldn't stay still for a minute because of it and only felt comfort from sitting on the toilet position...tried the hot shower but that made me dizzy & pukey. My 2nd which was a boy the labour was hard & fast & then he was wanting out it all felt the same in the end until he was out and you feel relief. If you are against drugs you may want to mention you may want some just in case cuz once its too late its too late. Some women are in labour & are semi comfortable and can lay down & deal with it but not in my two cases. You will be fine I am the biggest wimp and was so scared of getting pregnant & having it that I psyched myself out for it for a while. Its all worth it in the end & try not to worry. Good Luck to ya...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, LABOR is more painful. The delivery is easier because by the time you have pushed for a while, the nerves get dulled and numb by the pressure of the baby's head and from then on,it is a breeze! Just relax and it will be fine!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i didnt find either bad with my second it was like oh this is what that is no drugs or any pain medication and they actually did give me pitocin and my first i was 16 and given pitocin and it went like hell this one i hope i start labor on my own and progress on my own
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would say that Labor is more painful....at least the first part. Once you get to the point where you can get an epidural it is not so bad. Pushing hurts but it doesn't last that long.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, I think Labor is harder because it lasts longer and pushing is easy because you can absolutely make it end as soon as you push out that baby! LOL
    I also agree 100% wiht NDFanatik. She's my girl! :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010