Moving

Tonight, my boyfriend and I were talking, and I told him I wanted to move to North Carolina after I graduated from college, and asked if he would come with me. He said considering that he just got promoted and is possibly up for another in the near future, that I couldn't ask him that right now, because he doesn't know where he'll be, but to get back to him in a year, when my graduation is closer to happening. Would you be offended by this response if you were me? I wasn't sure how to take it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I guess it depends. For me, I would probably be offended until I talked myself away from the emotions and considered what he said. Why are you moving to North Caralina? Just because you want too or for a job, is your family there? If you're moving just because you want too and he's advancing at his job, I can see why he wouldn't want to go necessarily. If it's for family or a job, then maybe give him some time to think about it. At least he didn't say "Oh HELL NO" or anything.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It would be for a job. I 'd like to work out there after graduation.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• have you searched the jobs in the area? i mean i inderstand fully, only cuz we to a different state and now he can't find a full time job and is bouncing from temp service to temp service just to keep us in a house. i would be a little hurt if i was in your shoes, but when i sat down to think about the way the job market is, i would be very grateful he has a full time with promtions. do as he asked and in the meanwhile, make lists of the good and bad of the sitution. and then go to jobsindeed.com. they will send you all the local jobs thats out there. who knows, he may not like the job in the next year. but make sure you do your homework and don't keep bringing it up. let the question just collect dust until you graduate. you don't know the future.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think he was being honest with you. A lot can happen in a year. The time for that sort of discussion is when it's time to make that decision (like a few months prior to your graduation.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You 2 sound like you have different career goals. I would just go ur seperate ways
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010