Is Franklin Graham racist, deceived or bold?

Franklin said that Obama was from the seed of a Muslim. He didnt seem to mince words and it was understood that (at least in my eyes) that he doesnt like Obama too much.

Americans of every faith — and none — were accustomed to Billy Graham, who used more inclusive language at civic events, such as Lord, God, Father, than he did at crusades intended for winning souls to Christ.

Religion historian Martin Marty says Billy "never left the integrity of the Gospel but never needed to be in your face about it."

Franklin, on the other hand, is the same wherever he stands, civic podium or church pulpit, because "I stand for nothing but this," he says, Bible aloft again. "That's just how I'm wired."

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I can think of a lot of words to describe that man.. none of which are allowed by TOS....
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've met the man on numerous occasions, as well as his father (I worked Operation Christmas Child from its inception as a volunteer- and then later as a paid employee)... I have very few kind things to say about old franky boy. Very few.

It is true that he is "hard wired", to be an asshole. On the other side of the podium, he is even more uncouth.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think these are his deep seeded beliefs and he is strong in what he believes. I've never been a follower of Billy Graham and I know less about his son. Even if my beliefs didn't match up with Billy Graham's all the time he seems like a good person.

It's hard to judge Franklin Graham by a few words in a speech, but he appears to be very anti-Muslim and a jerk, but without hearing more of his speech and knowing more about him I can't say what motivates him.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

Answer by ObbyDobbie

Really Obby? So he is just a rough guy huh?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Answered in the other section.

He and his father share bigotry...His Dad is an anti Semite

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Absolutely... He is excessively unpleasant. expects everyone to bow down to him in reverence like they did his father.

I lived in charlotte nc for many years, which was the secondary processing station for the boxes- You know what Operation Christmas Child is, right? He frequented with visits to "share the love of christ", usually bi-weekly depending on his schedule. Billy boy met with everyone a few times as well, and as much as I disagree with what he stood for, he was all together pleasant. His son, a used to be harley riding, beer drinking, womanizing bigot is still every bit those things.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Franklin Graham's opinion means nothing to me.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Shakes her head.. no comment other than the words to describe people on here make me sick!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm with Laura2U. I don't give a flying brain fart what Franklin Graham thinks or says. He is an extremist, a wack-a-loon, and obviously paranoid!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010