Is Franklin Graham racist, deceived or bold?

Franklin stated that Obama was from the Seed of a muslim. And that he guesses that since Obama stated that he was a Christian that we have to go along with that.

Americans of every faith — and none — were accustomed to Billy Graham, who used more inclusive language at civic events, such as Lord, God, Father, than he did at crusades intended for winning souls to Christ.

Religion historian Martin Marty says Billy "never left the integrity of the Gospel but never needed to be in your face about it."

Franklin, on the other hand, is the same wherever he stands, civic podium or church pulpit, because "I stand for nothing but this," he says, Bible aloft again. "That's just how I'm wired."

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't like his attitude at all. And it sounds pretty dumb.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've never listened to Franklin Graham. I did get dragged to a revival or whatever it was that his father used to do when I was around 7 or 8 years old. It was the most boring thing I ever sat through.......

But the facts are what they are: O's father was a Muslim, right? So, he is from the seed of a Muslim. And, O claims to be a Christian, right? So, where is Franklin Graham's wrong in his statement?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He says more in other articles. I think he is ....not as Christian as he would like us to think he is. Just my opinion. His Father , Billy,was an anti-Semite,too, He and Nixon were heard on TAPE bashing Jewish Bankers. I am suspcious of the Grahams.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am suspcious of the Grahams.
    ------
    LOL! That one experience I had was enough to make me distrustful of any evangelist! I would rather read their writings than listen to them go on and on and on and on............ But I have to admit that the name Graham turns me off real quick! I don't know anything about Franklin Graham, except what was posted above. And in that one statement, I didn't see anything really wrong. So, I can't really comment, except about that one statement.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with 29.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He is a bigot just as his father was. Who was caught making anti semetic remarks,,,,

In President Richard M. Nixon's Oval Office, the Rev. Billy Graham did not mince words in describing his feelings about Jewish people and the news media: ''This stranglehold has got to be broken or this country's going down the drain.

In the conversation with President Nixon, the evangelist complained about what he saw as Jewish domination of the news media.

''You believe that?'' Nixon asked in response.

''Yes, sir,'' Mr. Graham said.

''Oh, boy. So do I,'' Nixon said. ''I can't ever say that, but I believe it.''

''No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something,'' Mr. Graham said.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Later in the conversation, when Nixon raised the subject of Jewish influence in Hollywood and the news media, Mr. Graham said, ''A lot of Jews are great friends of mine.''

''They swarm around me and are friendly to me,'' Mr. Graham said, ''because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth. But they don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them.''

Nixon replied, ''You must not let them know.''
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• idk, decieved by who?, and yes, why shouldn't he be?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Psshht. "Seed of a Muslim?" Who talks like that? I don't know the guy, I don't care for evangelists as a general rule since they are more often about politics and money than they are about God and helping people.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know Graham either. I'm not really into evangelists. I don't see a thing wrong with the statement. Would it been better if he had added that he thought O was a Muslim too? I do think it is kind of silly to bash him for something his father did. Should we all be condemned for the sins or misdeeds of our fathers?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010