2.5 week old hasnt pooped all day

My baby is on both breast and bottle and she only pooped once yeasterday and hasnt went today. Is it normal? Her 2 week check up is in the morning and I plan on telling the doctor but she keeps crying which is weird for her so far she has been a really calm baby. I have her on my lap on her knees to help her but all she can do is fart and its smelly for a newborn.

Sorry if its TMI for anyone but Im worried.

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 12:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 3 month old poops ONCE A WEEK. It's normal. My ped told me I had no reason to be concerned since he is BF.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• because she's getting breastmilk, she can have less waste (ie poop) don't worry about it. If she hasn't pooped by the time you're at the appt tomorrow, go ahead and mention it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• She's getting breastmilk, so she won't poop so much.
    No poop by the appointment you have, tell your doctor.
    fairyelise

Answer by fairyelise at 12:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ok well I hope she goes. I was reading the booklet I got at the hospital when I had her and all it says is day 4 = 4 dirty diapers. So I was thinking she should have 4 a day from then on.
    Lacrisha

Comment by Lacrisha (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Dirty means soiled with urine OR feces. But with part formula, do keep an eye on the stooling. And be aware that every bottle can negatively impact your supply so that you end up losing sleep trying to build it back up.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Im not worried about my milk. She eats until I hurt and thats when I give her a bottle its only one or 2 a day and less then 4 oz each time.
    Lacrisha

Comment by Lacrisha (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010