How did your child do at their first dentist appointment?

My 2.5 year old has her very first dentist appointment tomorrow. She seems to be really excited about it. For the past week, when it's time to brush her teeth I've been talking about how we will go to the dentist (the "tooth doctor") on Monday so he could brush her teeth, too and see how big she is. She got even more excited when I told her that he would give her a new toothbrush to bring home. lol. She loves brushing her teeth.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• we didn't prepare my kids very much for their first dentist visit. i didn't want to give them more information than they could handle because i was afraid that the more they knew, the more afraid they would be. but they did fantastic! they were a little scared of the x-ray and had to sit on my lap, but they did well during the cleaning. they were 4 & 2 at their first appt. my 4yo was more nervous than my 2yo.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Mine did very well. I did have to lay in the chair and let her lay on my lap though. :) I showed her a bunch of You Tube videos of kids at the dentist to prepare her better.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My daughter did really well. I was in another office having a filling fixed and her dad stayed in the room with her, but I could hear her talking to the dentist. It was so cute. The assistant came in and told me how well she was doing. It sounds like your daughter is going to do fine!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 1:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I really think she will do well. She loves going to the dr, and even when we are at the dr office for my 1 year old, she always asks the dr to check her nose/throat/ears too! lol. The only think I worry about is the sound of the electric toothbrush. She kinda gets scared of some noises......like the vacuum. lol
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• That sounds like a good start!
    My kids were good.They looked a bit wide-eyed and in awe of the whole office but they were good and cooperative.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010