Stay at Home Mom

Do you respect Stay at Home Moms or do you have the opinion that they have the easy job?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 1:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am a SAHM , and our job is very diffcul and rewarding! I personally think that moms who work, but dont have to are lazy prents, adn dont care as much about theirkds as they do their own happiness (If you ave to work, that is different!)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Respect women who live their lives in the manner in which makes them : happy, content, satifisied and fulfilled

Whether that's staying at home, working FT, Working PT, working from home, going to school..or. whatever.................

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• LOL Yes I completely respect myself for being a SAHM. When I was a working mom I envied them and wanted so much to be able to stay home like they did, so I made my mind up to find a way and we did it. Oh and I find that in some ways it is much harder than going to work every morning and in others it seems like it is a bit easier because I only have to coordinate with myself not the daycare provider, my job and my DH when we have appts, or people are sick, or the school calls. Neither one is easier than the other they both have their ups and downs.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have done it all - I've worked FT, PT, started my own business, done consulting work, and been able to stay-at-home, all while going to school and raising children. I respect woman who do what they have to to make it in this world and who take the job of raising children seriously.

I feel we should support eachother and stay away from the negativity of condemning those who aren't doing exactly as we are at any given moment in time. I will say that I get more (negative) comments about being a SAHM (especially now that my kids are older) than I ever did when I was working but I'm doing what's right for me and my kids and I don't waste any energy worrying about what others think.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm a SAHM. I'm totally biased.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm another SAHM. We ROCK!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have total respect for any mom that is doing the best for her children. If that is staying home or working, then do what is best for your family and children and YOU ROCK!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Me too I am biased, but I respect women for making the choice to stay home for their kids. Its a hard decision to make money or kids when having more money makes it easier when you have kids. But I wouldn't change a thing when it comes to that. I do what I can for our finances in my spare time by doing some surveys online which the hubby appreciates when that extra check comes each month. But the time I have had to spend with our daughter has really helped her through her speech problems. I don't think there is an easier or harder job when it comes to SAHM or working. Even us SAHM's work 7 days a week so the way I see it we work just as much as the working dads if not a bit more :)
    Alyia72

Answer by Alyia72 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am a SAHM and I have respect for working Moms and Moms who attend college. I agree with you Pixie that everyone should have respect for each other. However, I think SAHM's get looked down on. There are a lot of people who think we have the easy job and it is far from that.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• As a SAHM, I have respect for the job - but I do think I have it infinitely easier than someone who goes out and works 40 hours and still comes home and manages to get everything done!

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2010