Modesty

To you, What is Modesty?

I ask this because I think Modesty is nearly forgotten these days. My Daughter is 10 and we are very selective in what she wears. Likewise, I am very selective in what I wear. I've taught my Daughter and my Foster Daughters that "Modest is Hottest". I've taught them that God looks down on Women showing their bodies. We don't even wear two piece bathing suits.

So, back to the question, What do you think Modesty is?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 1:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have two daughters. The oldest is just nearly 3, so we haven't gotten to the clothing issue, but I'm with you. We are planning not to do 2 piece swimsuits, etc. My mom always said any woman can get a man's attention wearing nothing, but it takes an extraordinary woman to get his attention fully covered. Of course we don't wear turtlenecks and blue jeans year round, but you get the picture.

Now, I do not teach them that God "looks down" on anyone. I think we can break our hearts when we sin against him, but He loves us the same. It's cruel for us to stay in our sin if we call ourselves His believers, but it doesn't change His love for us.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• modesty is showing that you have respect for yourself and your body but at the same time if God gave you a nice set of legs theres nothing wrong with showing them off. this is modesty to me. if you have some cleavage showing then you don't let your stomach or too much leg show. if theres a lot of leg then little or no cleavage and no stomach. if your stomach is showing then no leg and no cleavage. thats sexy not slutty which is what i believe in
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• *sorry, that was supposed to be "break HIS heart when we sin against him."

Sorry about that. I was typing that quick.. My two-year-old was rushing me to the potty. Ha!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My newborns wear a 2 piece and on down the line! I am a Catholic, and I believe in modesty, but I dont want to be Amish either! As long as you wear your clothing in a tasteful way, then there is no problem, short that are short (bt not showing your butt) are okay, a little belly shoing is okay, a bikini is okay, and even a little cleavage! Being too modest teaches kids to be ashamed of their bodies...IMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010