Would I be able to get food stamps since my husband works part time? And I am pregnant with my 2nd child?

I wonder because when I was pregnant with my first I got it when I went on unpaid maternity leave, since my husband didn't make much. What about with 2 kids now?And we still don't make a lot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes. my fiance works full time and we get food stamps w/o them we'd starve
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm sure you would. Lots of people who get food stamps also work. Good luck
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank you! It would be a huge... help!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You would have to apply to find out. I was just looking to see if we qualified because we're having financial problems at the moment and even with my husband working full time at a good job we qualify because we're a family of 7 (the online thing estimated we could get almost $400 a month and my husband makes like $38k/year). Not sure if we'll actually apply but it's nice to know it's there if we need the help. We qualify for WIC, too, since we have 2 kids under 5 (but I refuse to go on it because they are just a pain).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:36 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It is my understanding that food stamp money is given based on being lower income.. you would need to apply to see if you qualify. Good luck!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 4:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes, right now we are getting more help than we ever had, hubby's been boncing from one temp service to another.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010