Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What kind of government help would I be able to get?

I make 1700 a month, my husband makes 800.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • well that's not a terrible income. what state do you live in? What are you having trouble paying?

    Answer by connorlove at 4:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • last time i checked you needed to make less than 1600 a month to qualify for government assistance. you make 30,000 a year so i don't think you qualify

    Answer by aliishott2 at 5:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • I wish I made that kind of money

    Answer by mamaofficer at 5:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • That sounds like too much to me but call your local Family serivices office and ask.

    Answer by Cindy18 at 6:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • It really depends on your state (the cost of living), how many kids you have, what your necessities cost per month etc. Google "food stamp calculator" for your state and you should find some of the answers you're looking for.

    Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

  • Thank you!

    Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.