soo sooo worried...

On thursday my son was admited to the hospital for dehydration and it was effecting his kidneys. he was sick and threw up over 30 times no pee no poop for a day and a half. so they kept him over night and sent us home at 2 the next day. said every thing was fine...my son was feeling better and now 3 days later he is back to the same throwing up like projectile and not eating, holding his stomach and screaming at the top of his lungs he is very pale....none of us have gotten sick at all. im very worried that there is something else going on. I would take him in again but my husband is in ohio he has the car....i have no money at all for a cab!!! im at a loss...any one know what might be going on???

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does he have a fever? You can always call and speak to a nurse in the ER they will usually tell you if you should bring them in or not... Does your pediatrician have a 24hr nurses line that you can call? Most important your his mother and mothers know when something is not right if your instinct is telling you he needs to go to the hospital find a way even if it means calling an ambulance. Any family that can drive you there? I would wake them up no matter what time if it was my baby sick lol
    Alyia72

Answer by Alyia72 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• GET HIM TO A GOOD DOCTOR And or clinic IT COULD BE SOMETHING INCREDIBLY DEATHLY SERIOUS!!! go TO THE er OR CALL AN AMBULANCE IF HE KEEPS CRYING
    40andholding

Answer by 40andholding at 1:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would be really concerned if this were my child. Does he have a fever? Is he being lethargic? What does he say hurts? If he's already been sick then it will be that much quicker this time before he gets dehydrated. I would call and wake up a friend or family member to take you to the ER. If you don't have anyone then I would call an ambulance. I would not wait until the Morning. Everone is calling the Ped's office on Monday Morning and you may have to wait a long time to be seen. He may need some fluids and phenegran.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• he says his stomach hurts holds it and screams, the isent lethargic this time he has noo fever at all dident last time either. they already hooked him up to an iv then sent us home last time saying ti was the flu!
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• call the ambulance. they have to take you its the law, get him some gatoraid. screw the pedilate gatoraide it helps. stupid question, do you have any family members that might help?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Call an ambulance and get him to the ER. He could easily dehydrate again.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If you don't have anyone else, I agree with the other ladies to call an ambulance. I am so sorry to hear about this. I have been wondering about how your son was doing after your last post. I hope that you are able to get him the help that he needs and that he feels better soon.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If you can't get to the hospital your self, call 911!

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 10:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes i think you need to take him to the hospital it can be something else. usually with the flu they complain but usually not as bad i mean if he is screaming in pain and not peeing thats not normal. you dont have anybody that can take you to the hospital? what about his doctor why dotn you call him so he can tell you what to do? if you dont have anybody then you can call 911 so they can send and ambulance and they can see whats going on.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 911
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010