Are any of you Moms breastfeeding and are pregnant with your 2nd?

I ask because some women told me not to breastfeed while you are pregnant. It could hurt the baby and cause something bad to happen. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is not true. MANY women breastfeed while pregnant. I breastfed my entire second pregnancy.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I breastfed my first while I was pregnant with my second... didn't hurt her one bit! BTW... the milk supply will diminish and then turn to collostrum during the pregnancy. I even went 13 days past my EDD on that pregnancy ...my baby was 7lbs, 9 aozs ...my labor was barely over 2 hours long from start to finish! I'd say all in all ... VERY GOOD outcome! We had a homebirth and labor was so quick my hubby caught the baby 15 mins before midwife got to the house! ; )
    Trust_HIM_Ps57

Answer by Trust_HIM_Ps57 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I also breastfed thru my entire 2nd pregnancy ...and then I tandem nursed for about 2 months.
    Trust_HIM_Ps57

Answer by Trust_HIM_Ps57 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Breastfeeding during pregnancy is perfectly safe, so long as you do not have a history of premature labor.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 4:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My OB advised me to stop breastfeeding my 2nd when I became pregnant with my 3rd because I was severely anemic. The baby inside of you will get what they need first, then the breastmilk will get the rest of it, your body will get what's left over as far as nutrition is concerned.

Answer by missanc at 7:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2010