How do you discipline a 15mon old?

We use a time out method...we'll place him on the couch and he has to sit there until he is done with his fit. He will constantly get into the same things and climb onto the table and try to touch things on the stove...he's a tall 15mon old! I am not all about spanking...I hate it. I will at times pat his hand when he is about to do something that will hurt someone...(like taking an object and bashing it over his sister's head) but that's it. Anyone have any remedies or does this simply get better with age as I am consistant with his discipline?

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 1:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 20 month old an hes pretty wild. at 15 months i would spank ONLY if he was doing something that would hurt him or hurt some one else, really bad not just for a little smack or something. mine would open the oven and climb on it to play wit the stove. and for a long time i had to tie my oven shut and keep everything off the stove. just make whatever he wants to get into not look like fun. like nothing exicting up there.

also we have a speical time out chair... its just an old wooden kids chair and he sits there for times out. now i will be like NO that was bad, time for a time out and he runs for his chair. haha. but good luck, theres not a WHOLE lot you can dothat young.. just try and go show him something else fun also works. good luck
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 8:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010