What would you do if your dr. told you, that you have a 80 % chance to have twins or triplets?

I am in this boat. My husband has 2 sets of triplets on both sides of his family, and 2 sets of twins, I have 2 sets of twins on my side. I'm guessing it'sprobably a 90 perecent chance for me to have twins. I heard it has to beon the mothers side to carry the Y cromozone. And for u to be the next generation. However both my husband and myself are that generation. LOl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• busy momI would be excited and feel blessed. I would also start preparing to welcome more than one baby into my family. Good Luck.

hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• fraternal twins are based solely on the mother's history, father having twins in the family doesn't matter
    identical twins are random when the egg splits.

good luck though!

I have enough kids, if I was told I had that high of a chance of having twins, I wouldn't have sex LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would do it once and see. I would not however try again for 1 if I would be upset with more.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• id be super excited
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 1:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm in your boat! My hubby as 3 sets of triplets, and 3 sets of twins.... plus his dad was a twin (the other boy didn't make it) and his mom has twins (both girls didn't survive). I have 2 sets of twins on my side. I'm on my second pregnancy...still one child each but I do keep dreaming the 3rd pregnancy will be twins...
    Mommatoobe

Answer by Mommatoobe at 3:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would love twins. We've always wanted three, so we've joked many times about how great it would be to have twins this time around and be done, LOL! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would never try to have kids, lol. Realistically, I could never handle twins or triplets.
    MamaPisces

Answer by MamaPisces at 10:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have fraternal twins and did a lot of research since we wanted to have another one and was wondering what the chances would be. If you are over age 30 your chances are higher whether or not you have twins in the family. Also the man does not pass it on only the mother side. If you already have twins your chances increase even more. I was told I had over a 60% since I am over 30 and already have twins and it runs very high on my mom's side. I am now pregnant with a singleton! I was 21 when I had my son a singleton and over 30 when I had my twins so the age things makes sense.

Having twins isn't so bad if you have great communication with your husband. We were just recently together and it was a HUGE struggle on us. Now if we were to have twins I feel we would be MUCH more prepared because our relationship is much stronger. Having twins you can not have one parent take all the weight, it will burn you out, it did me!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, since I have sponateous identical triplets, I can tell you what I did...I laughed for a minute and then I cried...As much as I love my girls I would not wish triplets on my worst enemy. My girls are the biggest blessing that I have ever had, but if I could have had them one at a time, I would have.

The pressure to do everything, but never succeed at anything is overwhelming. My marriage did not survive the triplets, because my ex could not handle being fourth of importance in my life. I worry constantly about their individuality, their relationship with each other, and how I can miniumize the competition between them..

So that's my honest answer....I love my girls to death, but I would NEVER EVER EVER wish for more than one baby at a time!
    IAMmomtotrips

Answer by IAMmomtotrips at 11:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I love having my twins.... it's the most life changing experience I am ever going through, now for 3 years, I feel totally blessed and it is hard work to "teach" (discipline, without harshness) them but having them in my life is the best thing ever and I would do it all over again and again and again, for them to be in my lives it is amazing. They love each other deeply and are learning how to be nice and considerate of each other (again, lots of teaching and patience)!! Would tell you to BE PREPARED for a lot of work and a LOT OF LOVE!! Husband and wife have to be partners for it to work, that is for sure!! He will need to be willing and be there for each day to help out somewhere, anywhere he can, for years to come. Lovin' it!! They are wonderful!

Mommy--

Answer by Mommy-- at 2:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010