C-section.

I just had my second child by c-section. I was wondering if anyone lost feeling surrounding the scare, and how long does it usually last. It feels pretty weird lol

Kimmers1116

Asked by Kimmers1116 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• My BIL's ex said she is still numb along the incision and their son is 5.

My friend had 3 sections a never regained feeling where the incision is either.

The area around the incision I have heard takes time to "wake back up" but their actual incision sites went from sore to numb. *shrugs*

Congrats on the new baby!!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It's going to last several weeks, months, or years. I am still numb from my last c-section and that was 3 years ago. Congratulations on your new baby!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i have had 2 c sections and have no feeling unless someone pinches it there or my pants pinch it then it is very sensitive, it has been four years now and i still have no feeling but the pain i speak of now with the pinches
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank you!. It is such a weird feeling! The scar hurts but around it is just numb
    Kimmers1116

Comment by Kimmers1116 (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i don,t feel any thing is hurting.had my c sec last december
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I had my first c-section with my twins over 1 months ago and to be honest I still can't feel around the scar. Its numb. I'm having another c-section is a week and a half to deliver my unborn son and I'm not looking forward to it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It could take months- maybe years for the numbness to go away.
    Grace516

Answer by Grace516 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've had 2 c-sections and didn't notice any numbness, but wasn't looking for it either.  As you say you just had this baby so give it some time.......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE MY C-SECTION. AND I STILL CANT FEEL AROUND THE AREA. NERVES WERE CUT. ITS A NORMAL THING.
    CAMERONSMOM24

Answer by CAMERONSMOM24 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010