does any one know

can you breastfeed and formula feed or is it not good

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i do both...but only because i ONLY breast feed, i do not ever pump! I clean a lady's house twice a week and my mom keeps the baby and when he is with her he eats formula! he has always done great with it... pumping is too much of a hassle for me!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 8:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• both breast milk and formula are good for babies, doesn't matter which you decide on or if you use both. using both is called "supplementing with formula" generally done by mothers who don't produce enough milk. Or if you are going out and don't feel comfortable about exposing yourself.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yes. it's fine.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 9:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Many babies are breastfed and formula fed. It'll be fine :)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I DID BOTH AT ONE POINT...AND NOBODY EVER TOLD ME ANYTHING. MEANING IT WAS OK, BUT NOW I JUST FORMULA FEED MY BABY...SO ITS NOT BAD TO DO BOTH.
    Alexsmommie039

Answer by Alexsmommie039 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Hi mama - if you are out working and cannot bf baby directly, I would invest in a good pump or rent one from the hospital - this will ensure your baby gets the most natural milk possible - yours. The other issue with supplementing is that you will notice your milk supply can often lessen - this is because the breast does not keep supplying the same amount of milk every - it depends on how often baby nurses or it is pumped. Also, using a bottle on a baby less than 6 months old could result in nipple confusion - it is much easier for a baby to drink from a bottle vs the breast and sometimes the baby will refuse the breast after taking a bottle. Here is a great site that can help - KellyMom.

ashwinsmommy

Answer by ashwinsmommy at 7:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2008