My Daughter was born with a hole in her heart

Please take the time to read her story and understand how serious that CHD can be. Congenital Heart Defects are the number ONE Killer of children. Did you know that? Did you know that they usually go undetected? It is so important to have your Children tested for CHD.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lexington-KY/Maddie-and-Me-Originals/201528274211?ref=sgm#!/topic.php?uid=201528274211&topic=13997

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• How scary! My niece was born with a hole in her heart and they put in a copper coil on the spot and blood built up around it and sealed the hole.
    I didn't read the whole story, but I bookmarked it so I can come back later and finish reading it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I bumped it,,and thank you for sharing your story with us. God Bless your dd!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was born with CHD. My mother was told since the day that I was born that I wouldn't live very long. Well, I made it to age 8 before I had surgery. And now I'm just fine and thriving today at age 26. Best of luck to you and your family!
    PinkDaisey13

Answer by PinkDaisey13 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My daughter was also born with a hole in her heart. It appeared to have closed by the age of 1 when she was rechecked, but she needs to go back and have it checked again just to be sure she is doing well.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• they are common. My son was born with it as well. He's 16 and they finally closed it up last year
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Prayers are up for your DD. I know a lot of kids that have pulled through this and praying yours will as well. Keep the faith, good luck hon and so sorry to hear your precious little girl has to deal with this.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thanks for sharing and getting the story out. Here's a bump.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• bumpIt was very scary. We were told for four years that she was healthy but I knew something was wrong. She had to have Open Heart Surgery. It was so hard watching her go through that. I try to hard to spread awareness because there is not enough CHD awareness. There are athletes dying on football fields, basketball courts and etc all the time because they have heart issues that had never been caught. I pray our story touches others. Please Bump this so we can spread the word. Thank You.

hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank You.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ZakysMom- It is common for Children to be born with a hole in their heart that closes- that is a PDA, it is not common to have ASD or VSD. That is completely different. Most children are born with a hole in their heart but it is a PDA and closes up by the age of one. An ASD/VSD or something categorized as a CHD is completely different.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010