Photography Pros, I need help.

I love Photography. It is my passion. I am a SAHM but if I were to ever get a job it would have to do with Photography. My Sweet Husband bought me a Nikon SLR Camera and I love it. However, I want to learn to use it better and I also want to learn to use Photoshop or another photo editing software program.
Do you have any advice, tutorials, blogs, etc that may help me learn to use my Camera?
What is the program you recommend for editing photos?
Do you have tutorials/blogs/advice that can help me learn photo editing?

Thank You

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Usually there are tutorials on the camera company's website ... have you looked into that?

I personally use my Olympus software (my cameras are Olympus) and my Epson printer's software to edit photos. I also use Roxio software, MotionDVD software, and the software that already came loaded on my computer to make movies, slideshows, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I know people that are professionals and only use Picnik. =)

Books would be helpful. There is a lot to learn. But really learning what features you have and getting out with lots of practice is going to make a total difference as well.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I personally can suggest that 1. Reading the owners manual would be the biggest step into learning your camera. You're also going to need to do some additional reading up on whatever features your camera offers.

I prefer Picnik. Why? Because it's cheap. I can do all editing that I need to overall on that site. It's good for beginners.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank You. I read the owners manual but it's still a bit confusing. I had someone recommend going to a bookstore and getting a beginners SLR book.

Do you think Picknik does as good as Photoshop and Etc? Could you bea professional photographer and only use Picnik?
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• google and read manual
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010