lets play a word game. words we don't like just because of the way they sound. (curse words or racial terms or words you don't like cause of what they mean DON'T count, example is "ignorance") only words that sound weird

i dislike the word breast. i much prefer boob. when i think of breast i think of something you grill, bake, or deep fry and dip in mashed potatoes. i think for me breast is only ok to say when you're talking about chicken. it sounds wrong when you use it and mean boobs. another word i dislike is delicious. i've never liked how that word sounds, i much prefer yummy. so what are some words you dislike just cause of how they sound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Livid. Not because the way it sounds, but because how my mother said it when I was growing up. haha.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Tablet. it just seems so drawn out tabbbbbleeet...AHHHHHHH!
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 2:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• nasal - anything with 'nasal' in it can't be good
    why - its a whinge before it even starts
    brassiere - get over it - it's a bra
    outstanding - go on try to say it and not sound precocious
    oboe -- that is not the name of a valued musical instrument
    hobo ( see above)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• and "critter" what is that about anyway, they are animals, how did it morph into "critter"?
    And I hate the term " Tween " - its like, they aren't teenagers but I'm over parenting children so I'm gonna pretend they are nearly teenagers and pretend they are more grown up than they really are

On the upside I LOVE the word epididymis and epidermis, they sound fun even when they aren't
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When I hear Suede being said and it is drawn out , it sounds like it something that is suppose to be noticed.

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I really don't like the way "scrotum" sounds, and not just because what it means, lol. It just doesn't have a pleasant ring to it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ha ha! I don't like breast, either. I lost points on an English paper because I used boob instead of breast. Breast didn't fit with my type of writing for that paper anyway!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't like the word "errands" or "shampoo" - they just sound weird to me. I don't like "breast" either, breasts are on chickens! lol
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• lol i also hate the word breast, and vagina. Vagina sounds so weird and awkward to me. I called it a "cooter"
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ointment,ooze,pus,crust

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2010