wHAT IS SOME WAYS TO GET THE PROCESS MOVING.

I am going on 41 weeks pregnant, overdue, and still my contractions are not kicking in yet. Is there anything I can do, I'm so tired of being pregnant now. HELP

CHRISSY84

Asked by CHRISSY84 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sex and or a lot of walking :)
    brittney24

Answer by brittney24 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sex and walking help. But to be honest there are also a lot of other things you can do but they're not healthy for you or the baby and can cause complications. Be wary of some of the suggestions you might recieve. If it appears to be even a little dangerous then don't do it!

Trust in your body and your baby. He/she will be born when they are ready.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i've heard that walking up and down stairs works. you can drink red raspberry leaf tea (real not artificial flavor). it is supposed to start contractions...but like the first person said, anything can cause complications...you should ask your doc before trying anything! good luck.
    KatieSeaton

Answer by KatieSeaton at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Get a massage
    nineteen

Answer by nineteen at 3:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Nothing worked for me.. not even IV in hospital. But, my Midwife did suggest sex.
    FeelingBlessed

Answer by FeelingBlessed at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• same boat you are... i've been doing some internet research on how to get things going.

WALK- (i've done this so much that my calves are toned)
    DRINK LOTS OF WATER (seriously lots)
    SEX- (the sperm has a hormone that can thin you)
    PINEAPPLE (something about the citrus in it)
    NOT CASTOROIL-(usually only hurts the bum an makes a potty party)

With my first one i decided to just sit and relax since i knew it'd be a while before i was able to just spend a night alone... ya that night i went into labor lol
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• have gorilla sex. and walk a lot to help build up those muscles. maybe get someone to scare you. worked for angela, a friend of mine.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2008