Are there any religions that aren't the typical religions we hear about day to day? Are there more that we don't here much about?

If so what do they believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.beliefnet.com/index/index_10000.html?t=1002

Here is a listing of all faiths.  Click on any one of them to learn more about it.

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• absolutely! previous poster gave you a good link... there is a quiz on that site that shows how your beliefs match with a variety of religions.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• www.religioustolerance.org is another great resource. Most people don't even know how many denominations of Christianity there are let alone other religions of the world. There's so much information out there and so many beautiful belief systems! It can boggle the mind, but in a good way :) I don't think there's enough time in a day to go over any of them here though, sorry, LOL!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I hate to say this, but one of the different religions is the Jehovahs Witnesses. I didn't believe in them at first until I went to a Kingdom Hall Meeting. It was very different. Actually it made me want to be there. I wasn't bored,to the point of falling asleep. The elder who gave a TALK, not a loud screaming yelling preaching, but a gentle talk where everyone participated. Seemed like everyone there was very happy and smiling. The childern even acted nice, and polite. They all seemed so happy like I had never seen in a Church. I feel in love that day, with God and Jesus, and the word of God. It REALLY made my HEART HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• you might try here too...

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• here too..... religioustolerance.org
    I am admin for Mixed Faith Moms and we are of all religions, NO DEBATING ALLOWED, ALL ARE WELCOME, we all have differant religious backrounds, or lack there of, and we love, live ,laugh and learn together.
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm a Unitarian Universalist. It's not very common. Check out the website: www.uua.org
    Groovyflor

Answer by Groovyflor at 12:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Thanks for the links. I like learning about other cultures. Thanks Ladies
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Groovyflor: I'm a Unitarian Universalist (UU) too. OP: it is a great church to learn about lots of different beliefs... some UU churches are more traditional/Chrsitian than others.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008