how do u get ur 8yr old daughter 2 quit lying? even about lil stuff?

SweetCheeks1622

Asked by SweetCheeks1622 at 4:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have the same problem with my son, and he is only 3 1/2!! He understand what lying is, and that it's wrong to do, but still does it anyway... usally when we catch him (and for it's touching sutff, or playing rough with the dog). we go over how lying is bad.. and depending on what is it, issue some kinda punishment... we usally just take away his favorite toy... or sometimes but him in the corner ( 1min for every year they are old) and we always explain WHY we took the toy away or why he is going in the corner... good luck :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thanks but ive tried everything u could imagine! shes been grounded, time-outs, all prevliges gone. I just dont know what to do anymore! I feel bad for her being stuck in her room reading a book all the time but i have no idea on what 2 do anymore!

Also good luck with ur 3yr old, cus I have 3 kids and shes the only 1 that seems to think its ok mo matter how much I lecture. My other 2 who are 10 and 4 yrs old seem 2 understandits not ok and only do it when they think they have a major consequnce. They at least admit it and feel bad. My 8yr old acts as if she did nothing wrong! so I hope ur learns sn!
    SweetCheeks1622

Comment by SweetCheeks1622 (original poster) at 5:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• have her tested for Aspergers or ADHD when ya can, thats a common symptom and there's treatments for it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My hubs made my son write a note that said...
    "I AM A LIAR, I AM NOT TO BE TRUSTED. IF I KNOW YOU CHANCES ARE LIED TO BEFORE, IF NOT I WILL LIE TO YOU AT SOME POINT, BEASUSE EVERYONE IS A SUCKER"
    He had to carry that note around with him for an entire week and was not allowed to speak to anyone until they read it and then signed the back. He was the bat boy on my hubs softball team and we had a picnic to go to on the weekend. As soon as somone read the note, they would ask hime why he had it and was forced to explain and everyone had the same response to this. They al told him how awful it was for him to fib at us as his parent's. It worked for him. I hope you find something to work for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• good lcuk my little sister still does
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Quit believing anything she says. Tell her she has lost your trust and must earn it back. Mine used to lie about eating her lunch, totally stupid thing to lie about. So I made her prove what she ate and didn't eat by not letting her throw any wrappers or baggies away. This type of proving-it carried into other things until she realized how much it sucked to not have mommy's trust and she stopped lying (that I know of!)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010