so my best mate of 8years told me he liked me more then a friend but now says he doesn't, my question is why is playing mind games? i told him i have the samefeelings and the 24hrs after he comes out with this im so confused :( he told me he liked me first. i shouldn't have said it back...

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 5:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• he could be nervous because he doesn't want to ruin the friendship
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sense he is being wishywashy about this issue. Just go and tell him if you can't decide if you want me as a friend or girlfriend. I will make it simple for you. We will remain friends. End of problem.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• may be cold feet or nervous about ruining your friendship
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think you both should sit down and put everything out in the open and then you both decide together if your gonna or want to take this friendship that you all have had for years to a different level or if you all should and would be better off staying as friends. There's a huge risk taking a friendship to a different level cause if things don't workout then your whole relationship could be gone for good. Proceed with caution both of you.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, you did say in your previous post that he'd lost friendships by moving them into romantic relationships, so maybe he is spooked. IDK. You will have to get him to open up about it. You should know him pretty well, and know how to get him to open up. Or, you can just decide to remain friends no matter what, and NOT let it get romantic. But I don't think he just up and changed his mind. Men get spooked, or they are just asses. It's one or the other.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If he isn't sure after 8 years, I would not waste another second on him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010