It's my DD's last year at band camp!! Where does the time go?

In about an hour, I'll be dropping her off for her senior year of band camp! WOW, it seems like I just dropped her off for her first year! Anyone else out there with a senior?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 6:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It goes by so fast!
    My second child graduated in June this year and my youngest (3rd and last) child is a Junior this year. My oldest graduated in 2007 and it was surreal to realize that I had gone through so many school years with her. When my second child graduated I was more relaxed and excited...she accomplished a great deal since she overcame her learning disability and received many outstanding awards at the graduation. At this point, I'm just hoping my youngest daughter graduates at all...lol...she makes it tough on herself when there is no need for it. She is incredibly smart, but does not want to work at it. {sigh}
    Anyhow, enjoy Senior year...it's the most expensive of all of them, yet the most exciting. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I just have to ask, have you seen American Pie? I'm not sure I could drop my Dd off at ANY camp, let alone band camp after seeing that movie!
    In all honesty though, I just graduated HS 4 years ago myself. lol
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 6:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't have a senior i have a 2 year old and im having another one next Tuesday but i look at my 2 year old and think wow where has time went. It almost makes me sad to see how fast shes grown up so i can only imagine how you feel.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know my oldest is starting kindergarten and my heart is going to break.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I know, I know!! When she first went, I got all kinds of jokes about "This one time at band camp...." Trust me, when you are the parent , that's not funny!!!!

This will be her 4th year so I'm OK with it now. Still not funny but I can tolerate it.
    Cindy18

Comment by Cindy18 (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010