Is this some perspective? Where their money REALLY goes!

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters

Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.

The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 7:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744.

Disclosure of the heavily Democratic contributions by influential employees of the three major broadcast networks follows on the heels of controversy last week when it was learned that media baron Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. contributed $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.

Were the Big 3 this bad when Fox was founded?
    Or did they just turn that way ahead of the last Prez election?
    Duh!
    mustbeGRACE

Comment by mustbeGRACE (original poster) at 7:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I put up an article last week about media reform. Nobody was really interested. GL with this one today though I think it is very important. If people would start reading more transcripts they would get a better idea of just what is going on with politicians. JMHO
    Media has been heavily involved since JFK started it all up during his campaign. History Channel has an excellent documentary on the same and why it worked, and how Obama copied him exactly.
    google the Nat'l Conf. for Media Reform and Bill Moyers.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I just tried to find the JFK newsreel video's, it may have been on NatGeo channel. Sorry.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think this is strange, most of the media types I know are liberals - it makes sense that they would contribute to their own party. I'd like to think that they provide unbiased reporting on politics, but it was obvious to me, especially during the "Al Gore won" reporting that went on during that election that they are clouded by their own beliefs. I don't think that people that are reporting the news should be allowed to contribute to any campaign, seems to me that it's a conflict of interest.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 88 PERCENT!?!?!? WOW!!!

I would have thought it would be more like 99 PERCENT!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• That's why they call it the Liberal Media...
    -------------------------------------------------------------

lol, the other 12 percent work for fox and donate republican :-P
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• And people complain about Fox being slanted right.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am surprised the percentage isn't even higher as well..Other then that i'm just not surprised..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• So? Maybe those in the Media ( excluding Fox News bloggers) are a bit more intelligent???
    You go Libs!
    Oh, and Al Gore DID win. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There is a huge difference between individuals following their personal political convictions and donating to those causes and cadidates and a huge corporate entity, especially one that claims to be "fair and balanced."
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2010