Late preterm baby 37w2d feeding issues!!!

My DD had her sweet baby Annnaliese 37w2d on 8/25/10 at 7:06, 5'4oz and 17 3/4 long!!! She was delivered via c-section!!! Baby girl has IURG and was breech! She had breathing problems when she first arrived was put on a ventilator. Later 8/26 in the early am she started breathing on her own!!!! Thank you Jesus!!! Well, since she Annaliese has been having feeding problems. At first, she was not digest properly,now she just isn't taking the recomended amount. They said that she is IURG she is alittle behind. She show be feeding fine within the next week... Update...just got a text from DD baby girl took 25 cc of the 30cc needed twice only 5cc tube feeding. Thank you God!!!!!!

mimilinda

Asked by mimilinda at 7:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DS was born at 34 weeks. He also had feeding issues at first and was supplemented with an NG tube in the nursery. It takes a little time for them to learn to suck/swallow/breathe. They also tire quickly, so sometimes, preemies and low birth weight babies literally just get too tired to finish eating enough. I hope things continue to improve quickly.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 8:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i kind of have a similar concern. im due to have a csection on next Tuesday which makes me a few weeks early and im praying that my milk will come in
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My preemie daughter had a feeding tube for several weeks while in the NICU. Took her awhile to learn the whole suck/swallow/breathing thing for purposes of feeding on her own. She never fed off the breast directly because of her prematurity so I pumped and she took the breast milk (supplemented with a special formula; she needed the extra calories) via the bottle. Best of luck!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010