When you sell something on e-bay,

and it sells, how long after you transfer the money from paypal does it take for paypal to actually transfer it? It says it's been transferred, but it's not in our account. It doesn't take our bank long to handle transactions, I know this much.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• if it's not there within a few days paypal says to transfer it again, you should find the info on the paypal site on how to do that and/or who to contact about it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:58 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• A few days? It say's it's BEEN transferred! WTH?? Why do they hold on to it? To make money off of my money that they say they transferred? I thought e-bay already made money off of the sales. Thank you.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Might be your bank that's holding it...sometimes they can hold deposits...I would call them first...then check with paypal. Also in the future if you sell on Ebay with any regularity...get the paypal debit card...its so worth it! You can get to the money right away and use it anywhere.
    4princes4me

Answer by 4princes4me at 8:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Just look through the PayPal help pages. And contact them directly with any issues you may have. THEY will be able to answer your questions better and more directly then any one here on cafemom. I'm sure paypal and or ebay has a contact us feature that you can use to inquire why you haven't received your money yet!!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Call Paypal direct and they will explain how it works.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Once you transfer the $$ it usually takes 3-5 days for the transaction/credit to appear in your bank account
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yeah, that usually takes a while. If I remember correctly is it like 3-5 business days for it to appear.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:49 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When did you transfer it? It tells you right on PayPal when you make the transfer that it can takes 3-4 business days depending on your bank. If it's been longer than that, make a print out of your PayPal transfer and go talk to your bank.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010