Anyone know about ultrasounds??

I had a friend that showed me an ultrasound of her baby. It read 10 wks, but she told me that the doctor told her the baby may be only 7-8 wks. She was going through a divorce about a month ago and now has a new boyfriend who she says is the father. But the ultrasound read 10 wks. They haven't been going out that long. I really think it may be her ex. Is that possible? Why would a dr tell you 7-8 wks when ultrasound says another?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• she could be lying...
    Anonymous

• Could be that the baby is measuring at 10 weeks but counting from the last missed period is 7-8 weeks.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my son they told me that they measure the skull on the ultrasound and that's how they tell the age. With that they said he would be born on December 7th. Well, Joshua came on January 21st! Yup...a big boy....10 pounds and 23 inches long. Came out chewing a pork chop!! haha
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Or it could be the opposite of jms said. Last period may have been 10 weeks ago, but baby's size indicates 7-8 weeks. Only your friend has the answer and its really only up to the ex, current boyfriend and her if they do a paternity test.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008