premonitions ..

for those of you who believe in premonitions ..

do u believe that if a person saw someone abt to die in a car accident and forewarned that person not to go by car or even go out that day, do you still think they would die anyway? considering they were 'meant' to die in the car accident?

san78

Asked by san78 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not sure but I am incline to believe that if you have been given a premonition is to help someone. Or maybe if you see them get hurt then my telling them they are going to be ok but if is their time to die then no matter what you do it will happen.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think if your time is up then you're gonna die no matter what.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think sometimes we are given premonitions so that we can change the outcome.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it depends, there are just somethings that are out of our hands.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've never had a premonition that didn't directly relate to me. But I think I would tell them and then whatever they decide would be what would be. I know the future isn't set in stone, so I don't believe in predestination. Premonitions are nothing more than the highest probable event possible at the moment of cognition. Each moment after cognition changes the strength of the premonition.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My premonitions have never been of anything of real consequence like that. But I don't think any of us, if we get premonitions or not, know when someone is meant to die. I believe we all have a purpose in life, in some cases our purpose is to help others on their path, and that could be through our death... So if our death is the factor which fulfills that purpose, and we are meant to die at that time, I don't see how stopping someone from getting in that car is going to change anything, fate will step in and they are going to die... On the other hand, if they really weren't meant to die that day or their death isn't at all fated, then you could actually save them... But we, don't know what each person's purpose is or what is fated in their life... So all I can say is do the best you can and listen to your heart when you get those types of premonitions...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I keep telling my DH no matter what choices we made, it would have somehow worked out that we still would have met.
    As such, if this person is meant to die (whoever decides that), then it will happen. If you prevent it today, at some point they will be in a car again and it could happen at a later time.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with Colethky, when it's your time you will go.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hmm, I"m not sure. I think anything is possible. My premonitions are always along the lines of seeing something happen AS it is happening...so I can't forewarn anyone. Although, if I do have a dream about someone, and i feel strongly about what was going on in it, I will tell the person about it just in case!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, an "exit point" or a point at which you can die or live depending upon your choice, is not written in stone. We all have several exit points in our lives. My first one was at the age of 5 mos. when I nearly died of pneumonia. I think that the person should have the information you have seen, if you feel that they have enough respect for you to listen. But the ultimate decision is theirs. I had a premonition concerning my daughter's trip to Florida with a friend and cautioned her that something bad was going to happen and to be careful. They no sooner got to Florida then hurricane Andrew hit. They left quickly, with the storm on their tails and got home safely. What is fated to happen will, sometimes, happens. Or the event will. But destiny, like the future is always in motion. And I believe that we are able to change that destiny, if we act. Death doesn't have to be the end result.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010