Best baby books? 7mo old.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I couldn't get a link to Tails in the previous without going over the limit. LOL! Here's the author's web page on the publisher's site: http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Matthew-Van-Fleet/34583444

Just be open to different type books. As an infant, my son's FAVORITE book was not a board book. It was a big picture book of Rolie Polie Olie, by William Joyce - at the time the book had been turned into a cartoon on Playhouse Disney. He LOVED watching that show and he really loved his books! Even at 6 months he'd sit on our laps and stare at those pages mesmerized. We could read it to him over and over and over in an hour sitting and he'd still not budge. LOL! He LOVED it. My DD loved reading anything with Thomas the Tank Engine or Winnie the Pooh. Now the are 8 and 6 - both were early readers (age 2 and 3 respectively) and both are avid readers today.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Any of the baby Einstein books are great. my daughter is 2 and can read and talk clear. she actually just woke me up to read. but the baby einstein collection is great
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son loved The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• At this age ANY book is a good book. Just read & read some more. Reading helpsĀ  develop verbal vocabulary, instills the idea that reading is pleasurable, & will give them a head-start in reading on their own. Because an older infant is getting into grabbing, handling objects and mouthing objects, you may want to start looking into board books & books with interaction. Watch baby's attention span. If you're reading a longer book, don't feel the need to finish it if you see baby's gaze start to wander or baby fidgets. Books that rhyme or have repetitive strains are awesome for verbal development and pre-reading skills. Dr. Seuss & Eric Carle are both great places to start. When my kids were that age, they LOVED the book Tails by Matthew Van Fleet. He has several tactile, easy readers for toddlers. My son would drag that book out repeatedly even before he was a 1, hand it to me and say "read!"

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010