Getting back to normal!!!

Well i'm scheduled to give birth on Tuesday of next week, and i've just actually started paying attention to all of the changes that my body has made. My stretch marks look like i got attacked my an alley cat, is there any proven method of reducing stretch marks after giving birth?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 8:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a baby 6 weeks ago and my tummy and stretch marks are NOT PRETTY!! really saggy and very discolored!! BUT here is the important part...my body did what is was made to do and meant to do and it housed and protected my sweet baby girl while i was carrying her. it had to stretch to do that and i see the marks and sagging as a beautiful thing. not just on me but any woman. mother nature is incredible and im proud to have my lasting reminders of how amazing the female body is!............But i do feel your pain! right now your belly is so stretched that im sure you cant even imagine it ever "going back" lol. but i bet you will be pleasantly surprised at what your body and skin is capable of.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No proven method, but I used BioOil and it did help to lighten mine.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No proven method. I used to work for a dermatology/phlebology practice and women always wanted the sure fire cure. Honestly there's not one. Some woman have found creams, oils that seem to reduce, but they almost never go away-sorry. I hope you've been using BioOil or Cocoa Butter during your pregnancy, if not start now. Also, HUGE factor: stay out of the sun. Much of the reduction will be due to your genes, elasticity and skin color. Don't let it get you down, we all have 'em. my husband doesn't seem to notice mine and I can't say I'm sad to say goodbye to the bikini anyway-afterall we're moms now. Best wishes for a safe delivery and healthy baby, you'll do great!
    Mina16erin

Answer by Mina16erin at 8:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• bio did wonders when i had my first daughter. It took away the darkness of the color but not the marks.
    newmommyjazz

Comment by newmommyjazz (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They will fade to look more light faint scars with time. I don't know if anything else. I look at them now as my battle wonds and want them. But that took a long time to get there.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010