Fenugreek?!

Is the fenugreek tea as productive as the pills, when it comes to helping to produce brest milk?

SugaB28

Asked by SugaB28 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• this is crazy..with my second child, i had already stopped BF. 4 months later, i was sick and was really wanting some hot tea. the only tea bags i had was the feugreek tea. so i drank like 3 or 4 cups of it that day. the next p.m. hubby and i were "messing around a little" and...i had milk!! it was crazy! i hadnt BF AT ALL FOR FOUR MONTHS! and i took the tea for only one day..i had milk!!! so in my experience, the i say the tea works!!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I found that the tea worked really well, took the pills too but the pills depend on how much water you also drink with them. I'm not a fan of plain water so the tea worked better for me.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I didn't take the tea, but i took the pills..and like the other chick said, water is a big part of it..and the milk from the boobies kinda smelled like the pills..lol..but it got my supply up enough where i had a lot of milk left so i could stop pumping since i became preg again..
    mrsgibbs

Answer by mrsgibbs at 12:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• the tea and the capsules have both worked well for me.
    when taking the capsules you do need to take more then the bottle recommends. i take at leat 3 pills 3 times a day and it can cause you to smell a little like maple syrup(since fenugreek is used to flavor some breakfast syrups.)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2008