can my ex do anything about....

My ex and I broke up a while ago and I have started seeing another guy...my child and I stayed at his house this weekend (my child really likes him) (yes i have checked this guy out on all the websites still wouldn't leave my child alone with him) well my ex and his dad came over to see my child and the first thing she told them is we stayed at mommys boyfriends house. He is the type of person to like take me to court over it or something we broke up b/c he has a drug problem and alcohol problem he has dui so he can't drive he don't have visitation rights but drops by anytime he wants without calling (which i really don't have a problem with) but is there anything him and his dad can do like taking me to court and say i can't take my child places i want??? To me as long as she is safe it is fine....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Only if your child is in danger. If your boyfriend is a great person, no drugs, child mollester or trouble maker then you have nothing to worry about.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You should not have a problem. On another note...not to scare you but, if a wild hair goes up your ex's ass he can legally take your child and not return her if you do not have a court order. You need to have everything on paper in a CO so you will never have this problem.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would say that is a question for an attorney. I would suggest being careful to not rebound to another relationship right away. You will change and give yourself time to figure it all out. I speak from experience. :-) Hugs.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It was put into my divorce that neither of us could have a paramour present overnight when dd was with us. He could take you to court and make it the same way for you. But he can't get you into any trouble.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• A lot of times overnight visits with someone you are dating is really looked down on in court. I would make sure there was nothing about that in any divorce papers or anything. Honestly speaking, I would get visitation set up through the court, because if not, you cannot legally stop him from taking your child.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with LeJane.
    Better to ask an expert than other moms who wouldn't know the law for your state.
    Best wishes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• errr i really hate how you can't answer your own questions annonymously...lol my ex and I weren't married just dated don't know if that makes a difference and my ex does not pay child support b/c he don't have a job I do have child support enforcement but since he don't have a job they have nothing to take.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There is really nothing he can do, unless he can prove that you were endangering your child in some way. You weren't married, unless he takes you to court to establish parenting times/rules, (at which time you could enforce the same type of rules on him!!), you're fine. BTW - in Ohio, they don't put clauses in regarding overnights with boyfriends/girlfriends - a lot of states don't now because it's an area where people can really harass each other through the courts.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think I'd be sleeping over at a lot of guys w/my DD in toe, unless it got to be a serious relationship. That being said, your ex, doesn't sound like a real model guy himself the way you described him, to be taking anyone to court. I'd be sure for your sake and your childs get a lawyer, and/or get things in writing. Find out what is legal and then you'll have no worries and do what you know is safe & legal and not have to live in fear of him all the time. Good luck, sounds like you need to get rid of him anyway.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He can do what ever he wants but I don't see how he can dictate that. YOu have a life with out him and that is that.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010