Are democrats feeling desperate because Bob Beckel said there is no hope for Democrats in the next election?

Do you agree with him?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:51 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL!

rolling on floor

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think both sides are feeling desperate.

Dems should lose more seats , according to history...

but  "Tea Party" candidates are driving away some moderates....it may even help people that SHOULD go like Harry Reid.

Its the Republicans race to lose at this point.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Its the Republicans race to lose at this point

True. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well, it's pretty traditional, that's how it goes. That's why it's called the "lame duck" session. I am wondering how the tea party will play in tho.

I'm really hoping it doesn't split the conservative vote. Little bit worried about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think we're going to see 1966 all over again!! Woot!

The following explains the amazing similarities leading up to the 1966 mid-term elections, that toppled Democratic control. If you were to put the year 2010 in place of 1966, the same article would read almost as true as current events!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_rhodes_cook/midterms_past_the_66_parallel

44 years later, the 44th president of the United States is going down!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:21 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

What a funny coinky dink
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh wow....no wonder I didn't recognize the Dude's name...he blabs on Fox News network! WHeewwwww.
    I would never assume to know or even guess what will happen in the future. And I won't be arrogant and boast that I might have an opinion on any of this. No guesses.
    I am patient and I will just wait......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• gertie, why don't you google Bob Beckel before you bash the question. He is a well respected Democrat that happens to work for Fox. His job is to express the opposing view.

I can't stand Beckel, but I like him! Does that make any sense? I was shocked to hear his comment. IMO it must be BAD BAD if Beckel has thrown in the towel.

I like watching the Beckel brothers together. They must have great holiday get togethers!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• LoriKeet, I voted you up..looks like somebody doesn't like history! LOL
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010