how would you go about feeding first foods can you give it to them out of a bowl or does it have to be mixed with cereal?

he really likes sweet potatoes but not mixed in with his cereal- is that a problem?

vdegraffenreid

Asked by vdegraffenreid at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't have to be mixed with cereal...I never mix foods with my baby's cereals. I always feed them separately so he gets used to the different tastes and textures.
    pinkchick88

Answer by pinkchick88 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thats not a problem i always gave my son the veggies by them self. i started mixing it with his cereal when he got used to differant flavors and didn't like the ceral by itself anymore.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• There is no reason to mix it unless you need to thicken the food a little.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 9:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I worked in daycare for a year and we nevr mixed it unless the parent aske us too. we would i give oatmeal or rice but wed do it seperatly. My son on the other hand wouldnt eat it unless they it was mixed with his cereal. As long as he eats and is healthy its fine, If your worried about him not getting enough and want to give him the cereal then try giving it to him by itself and the food by it self. That s jmo based on personal experience hope it helps
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Not a problem, usually, unless he is underweight at all, then he really needs the cereals but it still doesn't have to be mixed with the other foods. Just remember the cereals are great for added calories and the iron, both of which baby needs!
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008