New Jersey Moms - How does the maternity leave work with 4 weeks before expected due date?

Do I have to request the 4 weeks before my expected due date for disability from my doctor and then get that and the 6 or 8 weeks following delivery too? My husband is getting weird and anxious and I don't have the answers because this is my first baby. Can someone please help explain what I need to do now. I'm currently 32 weeks, 4 days. Thanks a Bunch!

Asked by mnwright at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your human resource department should be able to answer all of your questions,or your benefit help line.

Answer by nineteen at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• ask for info about a FMLA at work... it'll tell ya everything ya need to know since each state is different

Answer by Ambreelulu at 4:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I need more that the above. There are only 4 of us in the office and 2 would be full-time and even eligible, one of them has had all of her children and is the ex director who has no clue.
    What do/did others do?

Answer by mnwright at 6:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2008