What is going on??

This morning my 9-month-old woke up with a WEIRD diaper. We changed her just before bed, but when my husband was changing her this morning, it looked as though her diaper started deteriorating. This is the second time this has happened and it's a different batch of diapers (but still Pampers Cruisers). It looks like little bubbles or something and they get all up in her clothes and are impossible to clean off without a bath.

Anyway, has this ever happened to anyone else?

Biz1985

Asked by Biz1985 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• Yes, it has. I noticed this with my kids when their diaper was very full!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 9:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sounds like the diaper reached it's capacity over night. Was it really heavy and full?
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No idea or suggestions for you. You did just give me one more thing to add to my list of things I like about cloth diapers though.

Here's a bump for ya. Hope someone's got a better answer for you.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh yeah it was full, but I wouldn't say more full than any other morning. I'm just shocked that there could be that much of a difference in how much she urinates between nights. You know what I mean? The first time I wrote it off as a faulty diaper, but now I'm thinking my girl just tinkles a LOT in the night sometimes or something.
    Biz1985

Comment by Biz1985 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sounds like it was overly full like Eviesmommy said. It was probably the little gel balls inside the diaper coming out. I would change her in the night or not let her have so much fluid before bed. She might need a bigger size diaper too if she isnt drinking a ton before bed.
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yup. It's annoying as heck but it's gonna happen with any brand, faulty diaper or not - someone's gonna say "I used XXX brand and never had that happen", blah blah blah, but it'll happen with any of them. It's worse when you miss something going into the washer and you get all that gel in a load of laundry.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• MINE WEARS HUGGIES LITTLE MOVERS AND IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. ALL DIAPERS ARE THE SAME NOW-A-DAYS. ...CHEAP... ITS THE INSIDE OF THE DIAPER THAT ABSORBS THE MOISTURE. ITS COMING OUT. IT GETS ALL OVER MY LITTLE BOYS TUSHEY AND TAKES A BIT AOF TIME TO GET OFF. I GO THROUGH THEM FASTER NOW, BECAUSE I NOTICED THAT MAYBE HE WAS JUST FILLING THEM TOO FAST. SO I ALWAYS CHANGE HIM SOONER. BUT I NEVER NOTICED IT BOTHERING HIM
    CAMERONSMOM24

Answer by CAMERONSMOM24 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010