white bumps on daughter's thumbs

My daughter is only 11 months old and has been sucking her thumb since she was 3 months old. She mainly only does it when she is tired or when she is falling asleep. Yesterday I noticed she had a bunch of little white bumps all over her thumb and hand near her thumb. Anyone ever seen this? I just want to know if it is from the thumbsucking or if it could be something else. Thanks.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check her feet and inside her mouth.. She could have hand foot and mouth disease..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It could just be dry skin. Or it could be blisters from all the sucking. Or hand an mouth like SuperrMonny said. If it gets worse or doesn't improve in a few days take her in and get it checked out.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2010