two girls..do they share toys?

By that I mean if they both want the Twilight barbies that has all 3 characters in it do you buy 2 of those meaning you have 2 Edwards, 2 Jacobs, and 2 Bellas so they will have their "own" or do you buy the set and they share and play together. They both want all of the Toy Story 3 figures for christmas also. I don't know how to make that fair but we just don't have the money or the room for all those toys, they share a room. What would you do?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 9:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely my children share toys. It would be silly, wasteful, and indulgent to buy doubles (or quadruples in my case, I have 4) of every toy so that they'd each have their "own".
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with Gaccck.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Honestly, if they both want the same ONE, I would buy it, but I would not buy them each their own set. I would make them choose which characters they wanted, and get them... every kid has a favorite, and I wouldn't request that they had different favorites, but I also wouldn't let them have their very own sets.. that's a bit much.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My three girls all share toys. They each own certain ones, but they are expected to share with their sisters, I don't buy duplicates. Learning to share is important, and I don't believe in spoiled children.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'd get different ones and they can share, get an idea which one likes which the most and go from there. It would be good for them to learn to share any way. Life is going to be all about sharing in the long run anyway, one way or another.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The toys story characters there are about 7 of them at $15 each. I think it makes sense for them to have one set and play with them together.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My girls are really young but they share everything. I have bought them 2 identical doll/stroller sets for christmas because that seems to be the one thing they can't share but other than that I haven't ever seen the need to get them doubles of everything.

Maybe with the toy story ones you could get them each half of them that way they'd have to play together lol. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My girls each share toys, if there is one character they both absolutely are in love with and going to fight over all the time then they might each get one but otherwise they share, we give the set to both of them then make sure they each get at least one or two presents for just them, this seems to work. This works to keep the peace at Christmas in house.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have 3 girls and luckaly they are not that close in age, 11 & 5 & 18. the 2 younger ones like simillar things once and a while, less as the 11 yr old is getting older, but sometimes I have bought the same of something to keep the peace, & if I know they will get the use out of it.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Some things, we shared; others we had our own. - my sister and I. My children - same thing.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010