Feeding??

My DD will 5 months in a matter of days and I feed her baby cereal when she was 3 months and baby food when she turned 4 months. I feed her cereal with apple sauce in the morning and veggies for lunch. When do I start to give her baby food for dinner? I feel she is ready now she takes a 4 oz bottle every 2-4 hours. Should I start to feed her baby food a third time in the day?

akelly228

Asked by akelly228 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think so if shes handeling the food good, and you think shes ready mom usuallyknows whats best
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• She jumped in with both feet early with food. So, I guess if you want to feed your baby purees already, keep it simple. Your little one doesn't have what it takes to ward off allergies to foods this young. The rule of thumb is 2 weeks between adding anything new to a babies diet. Good luck.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 9:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Until they are a year old, babies need the nutrition they get from formula or breast milk. Introducing the new foods is fine (like the previous answer said, one at a time to watch for allergies), but they should still be getting an average of 22-28 ounces of formula or breast milk each day. Check with your doctor to to make sure she's getting enough for her height and weight.

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Come on guys...stop trying to scare her into thinking she did something wrong. Your baby is just fine. We all decide when it is time to feed our children so don't bereate anyone for their choice.

If she is acting kind of unsatisfied in the evening, I would starting feeding her another meal. Just go with the flow and she will "tell" you when she wants more food. My DD started drooling over my food everytime we ate and watching my hand move from the plate to my mouth.
    kwardrip

Answer by kwardrip at 10:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If she is hungry, feed her. You're fine with what you are doing.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My response was not directed to those of you who took offense. I was not trying to scare anyone. If the lady didn't want differring answers from mulitple people she would not have asked. This a forum for DIFFERENT views. If she wanted COFIRMATION for what she was doing, whe wouldn't have ASKED for other opinions.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008