How can i raise my sex drive??

Ive had 2 children and i am finally feeling pretty good about myself. I love my dh to death, but i need some advice on how to raise my sex drive. Sex is wonderful with him but wanting to do it is the problem. Im turning 26 on monday for those of you who wonder.

bubblebean

Asked by bubblebean at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• sorry but you seem to be real tired than to think of sex see about childcare or if you can start getting out with the girls. you know a girls night out don't cheat. make sure the kids are well taken care of at your moms house for the whole wkend. maybe you need sometime to reconnect as a couple time alone to be with him. try dressing up a little when alone. put on some favorite underwear, then go out see if anyone notices, you may just need a little boost from men out in public. don't cheat on him either. you need to feel wanted by  him so tell him what your feeling inside.

ladyvalarie

Answer by ladyvalarie at 9:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i dont have any girl friends.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 9:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• This is a real problem for many of my married friends. Its frustrating for me to see because as a single mom for many years I feel like my sex drive has gone through the roof the past 5 years or so (I'm 38), and I end up humping myself almost compulsively every night. But maybe that's the point - you have a man already and so you don't miss him or "it".. and the idea of sex is boring to you (even if you enjoy actually doing it). Maybe take lady val's advice, dress sexy and go out where men might see you and flirt with you... then, once you're excited.. go back to your husband and let him benefit from you being aroused... that'd probably work.
    krnrobey

Answer by krnrobey at 9:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Seriously, just do it. Once you get into it you will "get into it."
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 9:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My husband and I both have sex no matter who is in the mood. I have sex with him when he wants it and he has sex with me when I want it. If your sex drive isn't up right now, I wouldn't worry about it. I get like that too and then all of a sudden I want to have sex all day long for like a month! Maybe you could watch like a porno together to get in the mood....that always helps us out!
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The more often you get sexually aroused, the higher your libido will get. When you get aroused, your body releases testosterone, which increases sex drive. That's why there really is something to the "just do it" advice. You can get the same effect by masturbating. You can also try fantasizing in a scheduled sort of way at a regular time each day in order to get the testosterone flowing.

Another side of this is looking at why your libido is depressed. Is it fatigue, hormonal changes, changes in your relationship? If your needs are falling by the wayside in general right now, that can really sap your libido. So maybe you just really need a break, or more help with the daily grind. Birth control, hormones, or other drugs can also have a big effect on sex drive.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am a romance consultant for Passion Parties and I get asked this question alot. Fortunately, I have an answer for your situation! We carry a product that can and will restore your sex drive. It's called Pure Satisfaction. It's a unisex enhancement gel that actually works better the more you use it. This is our company's number one selling product, simply beacuse IT WORKS! Check it out on my website at www.RedheadedDiva.com Enter discount code DIVA at checkout and receive 20% your order.
    RedheadedDiva3

Answer by RedheadedDiva3 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i dont use bc,drugs,smoke or drink. I dont take meds or anything. my dh got a vasectomy 4 years ago. Sometimes i wish he wouldnt have, because it seemed more fun when he wasnt fixed.(is that stupid)
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Well, one thing is have sex more...studies have shown that there is something in a mans semen which makes a woman desire sex more. Embrace your sexuality - wear things that make you feel sexy. Also, as a woman - it takes time for me to 'get in the mood'. Start early in the day with touching, kissing and flirting with your husband. Last, there are some foods, such as mangos that have shown to increase ones sexual desires! Hope this helps....you are not alone.
    I would love for you to join us at the group "Grown and Sexy", where, believe it or not, this is a common topic. http://www.cafemom.com/group/sexyladies Regardless, I wish you luck!
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 12:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009