Bottles

My daughter is 10 months old and bottle fed. We tried when she was about 6 months old to use a stage 2 nipple, but she was choking. We just recently tried again and she still has problems with it. Is it okay to just keep using the stage 1? She takes sippy cups with no problem so idk if there could be any harm in doing so?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no harm in using any kind of nipple. If she's taking sippy cups perhaps try weaning her off the bottle.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would have to agree with legalmom. I never wasted the money buying diffrent stage nipples. And if she takes a sippy cup well you may want to try and take the bottle away for good.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 9:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• we started my son on stage2 nipples at 5 months old b/c his dr suggeted it bc he was fighting to get the milk out, but ive worked in daycare and ive seen1 yr olds on stage ones. It depedns on the child.. also if shes on sippys just try to wean her off the bottle all toghter go at her pace dont force her to take a faster nipple if shes fine where shes at dont sweat it.
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008