My and my SO have been off and on together for almost 51/2 years and there's a lack of sex for two reasons: we don't live together and our 5 year old son is still sleeping in bed with me.His father is a bus driver and I hardly see him much but I feel like I'm losing him because he doesn't call me much and doesn't come over to see us as much anymore,what should I do in this scenario?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 9:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• First, get the 5 year old out of your bed. Who wants to fight for space to have sex or cuddle?

Second, start making the first move rather than to wait for him to do it. He probably feels that you don't need him there since your bed is full anyway.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Discuss your concerns with him pronto. Though it's really fun to be spontaneous, once there are work schedules, school schedules and children involved, sometimes planning is required. Set a date night where you can do something together.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Analize what the core problems are. If he is the right one for you than keep working on making it better. If not, move on and just remain friends. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 5 yr old still in your bed? He needs to leave the bed and leave the room and after you achieve that make the first move by maybe sending him sexy pics of you with new lingerie, provocative and making sure you and your bed are completely ready to recieve him when he comes back home. Hope this can help
    becky_3rc

Answer by becky_3rc at 10:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Please tell me you're NOT having sex in the same bed that a child is sleeping in! Especially one that old!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Of course this would be turned into a cosleeping thing. Trust...the cosleeping 5 yr old has nothing to do with it. Is the BED really the only place people have sex? How boring. Sorry...I know I already answered but this was just irritating me.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with Jademom07
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Get the kid out of your bed and into one of his own.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You have to make this relationship a priority. You have to work towards a relationship. To know,love, trust, bond and build together!! There's many avenues to a good relationship besides Sex. Good Luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010