What kind of grades does your middle-schooler get?

My daughter is in 7th grade, her 2nd year of middle school. Last year, she was on the honor roll the entire year. This year, she's doing ok, but not as well as last year with 2 A's, 2 B's, and 2 C's. I would like to see her raise the C's up and get all A's & B's. What about your tween?

MomW773

Asked by MomW773 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I just found out my 6th grade daughter is going to be on the honor role and I'm so proud of her! But I think your daughters grades are not bad at all.Just try to at least work on the c's.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When my oldest son was in middle school he did good in 7th grade but then we moved and his 8th grade wasn't as great.
    ReReD

Answer by ReReD at 10:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Well, right now is not a good time to ask me. My 12 year old 7th grader is getting an F and a D. The rest of her grades are ok. She got behind in her schoolwork, so I am working with her and the teachers to get her work caught up so she doesn't get a permanent bad grade. This age is hard for them. They are learning to multitask and be organized when their developing little brains aren't quite ready for that yet.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• mine has one b and the rest As she know that if she slips , her sport playing days are over
    Meissilly

Answer by Meissilly at 1:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Bahhh. I just got progress reports. My 10 year old 5th grader has 2 D's and 2 F's. The rest are good grades. She didn't turn in a lot of her homework. And I know she did it, because I go over it with her every night before signing off her sheet. UGH. She is now working over time to redo the missing work. Luckily she has till the 31st to turn it in and get full credit. She is learning a lot this year. I agree. The workload has increased dramatically. She is trying to learn how to multi task, stay organized, and still keep friends. I'm not going to worry just yet. She's a good kid with a good head on her shoulders. Her teacher thinks she's wonderful and told me she's a dream student. And she has gotten 100% on all tests. I know it's not a learning problem. It's a tween problem. LOL
    amaydaisy

Answer by amaydaisy at 2:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• To be honest my daughter was an honor student since she started school. That was until 6th grade! She brought home her first D and was very upset about it. We have talked with her and the teachers to see what the problems are and to see what we can do here at home to help her. Good Luck
    cjones1511

Answer by cjones1511 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My now 8th grader has 90 average. when she was in the 7th grade, she got a 55 in gym and she was literally crying, she hates to get bad grades. She missed a journal she was supposed to do for art. Her seventh grade report card was in the 80's and 90's, and she is keeping it up and looking for high schools now. I am so proud of her!
    sakeenah35

Answer by sakeenah35 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• So far, my 7th grader has (for midterm grades) 85 - 100 in all his subjects except math, which is a 74. That's always been his tough subject!
    SunnyJames

Answer by SunnyJames at 6:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My DS had a hard time in 5th grade (that is the start of middle school here), but finally ended up on honor roll. Now he is in 6th grade, is in advanced math, and getting great grades! (92% avg)
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2008