Labor?

Was ur labor with a boy worse than with a girl? Ive heard that giving birth to a boy is worse. My labor with my son was worse but he was the only one induced so i wasnt sure if it was the induction or if it was just a boy thing.

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have 3 boys, 2 girls. My "worst" and my "favorite" were both with boys. My "worst" was an induction. My "favorite" was an out-of-hospital birth. Just sayin'...pretty sure the induction was the issue...not the baby's sex.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it is more likely to be an induction thing. I found my labors got easier and easier as I had more babies regardless of gender of the baby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've had two boys. My first labor I was induced. Was on lots fo meds and had to have an epi due to stress. I was on oxygen the whole time and could only lay in one position. I delivered vaginally. This one I went into labor naturally, felt no pain but my doc decided to give me an aggressive amount of Pitocin and an Epi becuase my son was not coming into the birth canal. After 14 hours he finally did but he came out sunny side up (face up) and he was 9lbs 7oz. Come to find out at some point he had gotten stuck in my pelvis (under a bone) but thank God he moved. This labor pushing him out was definetly more painful but I enjoyed this labor more suprisingly. I was a lot calmer.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have 3 boys, but my hardest labor was my 7 hour induced labor. My other 2 non-induced labors were very easy.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My labors with my boy and with my girl were pretty similar.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010