powder or condensed??

my one and half old DD seems to be really really fussy and we have been giving her powder formula my momnlaw seems to think condense is the best way to go. is there really a difference? if its the same brand does it matter it has the same thing in it right so why would it affect her any different. personally i like the powder i dont have to warm the bottles i give her room temp bottled water. also should i give her baby water instead or is bottle water just as good yea it doesnt have flourite but whatever would it help with spit up and fussy??

mommynbabygirl

Asked by mommynbabygirl at 9:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bottled water is bottled water. Personally I like the powderd better because it is easier to store. And easier to use.
    when you use the other you have to premake bottles when you go anywhere and make sure to keep them chilled. With powdered you just have to throw in the can of formula and a bottle and you can make it when you are ready to use it.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 9:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• BTW. You have a beautiful baby girl.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 9:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i agree with GFXMommy. powder is the best way. it's all the same thing anyway. maybe you need to switch formula?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My DD was really fussy and gas-y and we switched formulas. She now uses Enfamil Gentalease Lipil. It has made a huge difference in how she feels. If I were you, I would try different types of formula. Some babies have problems digesting the whole proteins so the different formulas really help.
    kwardrip

Answer by kwardrip at 9:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• As far as the water, I dont think that really matters as long as it isn't right from the tap. My son was on powdered formula and was fussy and spitting up and getting the diarrhea. I switched him to the condensed and he has been fine ever since.
    samantha8886

Answer by samantha8886 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Wow. I guess I'm lucky all three of mine aren't dead!! I used tap water for all of them!!! LOL

And as far as I know, there is no difference between powder and condensed. I also agree with the thought that you might need to switch formulas all together.

proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Powdered formula can be harsher on sensitive tummies. Just look in the bottles when the formula is gone...most of the time, you can see little specks of powder still in there. It is grainy. Condensed formula isn't grainy at all and may be just the answer you are looking for!! I know with my DS, he was unable to tolerate the powder formula until he was about 8 months old...yes, powder is MUCH more convenient...but how convenient is it to have a fussy baby? LOL I would attempt to switch to the condensed to see if it makes a difference before I would be tempted to start switching the type of formula. Hope your little one feels better soon!!!
    walkersmomma

Answer by walkersmomma at 10:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My dd was getting very fussy and had alot of gas and wouldn't wake her whole bottle, we use powdered with filtered water and thought maybe it was the powder or water so we tried the ready to feed and same thing. she is now on Nestle Good Start and isn't fussy!
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Powder is good for going out and traveling, but condensed is easier on tummies. I have both but I only use powder when Im out and about. Also doctors recommend using distilled water because its the purest water you can use, after that its purified. They really dont like you using nursery water because the fluoride can be bad for your baby.
    mommy4life15

Answer by mommy4life15 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008