How can I help my 16 month old from waking at night

My daughter is waking throughout the night all of the sudden. She has no fever or signs of illness, but Its really taking a toll on me. I feel bad that she can not seem to get sufficient sleep.

Mommy2Hope61107

Asked by Mommy2Hope61107 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she have a night light? my 2 1/2 year old has suddenly gotten a fear of the dark and I have to keep the hall light on so that he as some light in his room.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My 14 month old wakes during the night sometimes and I noticed it was just when daddy had her because I was at work in the evening. I feed her a small snack about 1 hr before bed time. Dad doesn't and so she wakes up hungry. I let him know and we haven't had to much of a problem since! Hope this helps
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 11:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my 18month old did the same thing. it was worse when he was going through growing pains. we just got back from a mini vaca not to long ago so i'm trying to get him back on his schedule! i've noticed he does so much better when his is on a routine.
    nikkib4407

Answer by nikkib4407 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• At that age my daughter did the same thing..I too found that feeding her close to bedtime was what she needed. I also am a huge believer in routines! This is our night time routine:
    Snack about 30 min before bath
    bath ( I also let her know that it's going to be nite nite soon)
    Jammies
    books
    and then...this is strange but we get her sippy cup of water, and I put 1 ice cube in and she puts 1 ice cube in the cup.
    Then we say good night to 4 or 5 objects around the house. I put her in her bed and close the door.
    But, the great thing about it is that if she wakes in the middle of the night, I can start the routine from the sippy cup stage and she will go right back to sleep.
    good luck
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008