Is everyone happily married?

If, like me, you aren't, do you answer the slurpy sweet questions like "how do you show SO you love him/care about him/appreciate him" or do you just move on?

MamaJen74

Asked by MamaJen74 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Widowed - and usually skip those questions
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Engaged.. I answer those questions.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Happily married. I reply to both kinds of questions.

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Married! to a wonderful husband -- i dont get those questions
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 10:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• in a committed relationship that has issues
    some times i answer, sometimes i do not depends
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Honestly- it just kind of depends on what's going on in my life. Hubby and I do not have the perfect marriage, but we have only been married 4 years. So, I do try to answer those questions and highlight the good things that my husband does, and how I show him that I appreciate him. I think it makes a marriage stronger, even when your spouse does not know you are saying nice things about him. Often times, if you just change your outlook on the situation, it really will get better.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm happily married and avoid those because I'm not a candy sweet type of wife.I'm more down to earth.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am happily married...it takes work though! I answer questions according to my mood. Honestly though..my husband and I aren't really into the sweet and syrupy thing. We are into the stand by you, work together and never have to doubt each other thing.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Depends on your definition of "happy". I don't think we really qualify as the same level of gooey sappy type of "happily married". But we're committed and more or less stable. Maybe I'll be able to be more gooey sappy when we've got less stress.

And it depends on the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We have a good marriage, with lots of issues. We are in it for the long haul, but we have our ups and downs, we are not skipping down the lane holding hands and gazing into eachother's eyes under the moonlight, lol. But we are best friends and partners and we fight alot, sigh. We have good stretches and bad stretches, but we are on the same page and we work through it. We both love our family life and its the most important thing to both of us. No, I don't answer those types of questions because my answers are very unromantic and practical. We've been married 7 years and together 12, btw.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010