My 3 year old is afraid of the toilet, any suggestions on how to potty train her?

She will sit on the toilet when she doesn't have to go but when she has to go she screams not to sit on it....im confused!

vanna46

Asked by vanna46 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• is it the big toilet?

my son has a potty chair that he loves to sit on. If hubby and I go to the bathroom, he goes in there to and sits on his potty.

There is a new learning curve chair and toy and has matching books for the kids boy or girl. I learned quite a bit from the stuff that can with it for the parent to read.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my son also has a potty chair and he was scared as well. I just started letting him take books whenever he needed to go and after he noticed that it was fun to go in the big potty!
    beautiful2257

Answer by beautiful2257 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• mine was too i put his favorite charicter stickers on there he felt comfital after that
    mddmomma

Answer by mddmomma at 12:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• the reason ++why +they are afraid of the big toilet is the felling of them falling down as soon as they have to go my son was the same way he would sit on it when he didnt want to go but as soon as he had to go he would started screaming all u need to do is hold there hand and let them know they are not going to fall in there ...if she does it reward her make her feel like she has accomplished some thing grate
    yuridia

Answer by yuridia at 7:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Mine was afraid of the potty too...so we tabled potty training a while and restarted with a potty chair that she picked out. Later her fears resurfaced....but it was the sound. We went into a public potty and the flush scared her. Now, we try to pick little potty's (not the big stalls) and she controls the noise.
    ReaBelle

Answer by ReaBelle at 8:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008