Have the flu *OR* Have strep throat?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in

• Oh thats easy. Strep Throat is a bacterial infection so its treated with Antibiotics. Usually one starts to feel better withing 24 hours of antibiotics. The Flu is viral, so there is 7-10 days of misery
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Usually with strep the throat is not only red but you can see red dots on the roof of the throat . However, a culture will tell you for sure!
    Grace516

Answer by Grace516 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Strep throat. I agree with Zakysmommy.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am not sure I understand the question.
    I think I would take Strep over the flu. (is that what you are asking)
    I can get rid of strep faster than the flu with anti-biotics and changing my toothbrush. (I can get rid of it actually with my mouthwash that contains tea tree oil)
    The flu gives you fever, chills, sinus infection, body aches, and all kinds of crippling symptoms that I can spread to the rest of my family. And frankly puts my family down and out of school for a long time. Can put my husband out of work and the rest of us out of $$. The flu can also kill some people.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Strep throat. If I'm gonna be sick, make me sick. In bed for 5 days and lose 10 lbs. That's a sickness that works for me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've never had either, but I would go for the Flu lol since I hear Strep Throat sucks really bad.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Strep
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well I HAD STREP THROAT AND IT FELT LIKE SOME ONE HAD SLIT MY THROAT. AT THE TIME I HAD NO OTHER SYMPTONS. EVENTUALLY I ENDED UP WITH A VERY BAD COLD, NO FLU.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes.. would you rather have the flu or strep throat?:
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010